Thursday, April 5, 2018

Caudalie Cleansing Water Part II

A number of years ago, I gave my mum this Caudalie Beauty Essentials from the Vine set for the holidays. I'd bought one for myself also and liked pretty much everything in it, the Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet, the Pulpe Vitaminee Eye and Lip Cream, even the Vinoperfect Radiance Serum. Well, with the exception of this 50mL of Cleansing Water which I passed on to a friend.

Then earlier this year, mum gave her bottle of cleansing water back to me, untouched. She said she didn't know what to do with it. I said next time, she should probably give it back to me sooner than five (or was it six?) years later =.=" Sigh.

Before my little one arrived, I used to wear waterproof sunscreen all day long and only take it off at night before stepping into the shower. Now if I got around to even apply it, I try to remove *most* of it as soon as I get home. And by *most* of it I mean I do a rough once-over with a cleansing water of some kind on a cotton pad, rinse well, then apply an all-in-one face gel of some kind and call it a day. Yup, that's just how it is, folks. I don't want any of the sunscreen (or sunscreen powder) to rub off on my little one's fragile skin, so I'd rather make do with some residue on my not-so-fragile skin and fall back on the thorough cleansing routine at night, before the usual shower. 

All of this put me in the market for a product I didn't care much for before: cleansing water. I kind of see now why this stuff was all the rage when it first came on to the market several years ago, it's so convenient! Thank goodness I still had half a gigantic 500mL bottle of Bioderma Sensibio H2O Makeup-up Removing Micelle Solution I'd left behind prior to moving to Tokyo in the fall of 2015. That half-used bottle bought me some time to search for my next cleansing water candidate. I'd just placed an order for three interesting prospects (Laneige, Neogen Dermalogy--a Korean brand I haven't tried before, and Sephora) when my mum gave me her Caudalie Cleansing Water.

Anyway, since this cleansing water was quite old I tested it on the back of my hand first, then on my chin, then I finally used it on my whole face ^.^" Don't do this at home, folks. It's lost a lot of its fragrance but funny enough, I like it a lot better when it doesn't have a strong scent. As mentioned above, I'm using it differently now than before and it's been working out ok. It's a nice revisit but I think won't buy a full size, especially now that I have three, no, four other bottles already lined up (I recently bought Boscia Sake Cleansing Water too).

As for those said all-in-one face gels, I'd, umm, "borrowed" some from hubby when he was using Kokutousei Hakkou E Gel Cream Hydrating Elastic Gel and Organic Rose Skin Conditioning Gel, and "borrowed" as in taking some from his big jar and put into a smaller sample jar for myself to try. Good thing I did too, because they sure have been super handy to have around!

See my previous Caudalie Cleansing Water post.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts