Monday, July 10, 2017

Koyudo Brushes Part XI

Spent the last of my CDJapan points (not affiliated) on these Koyudo brushes, because I just can't stay away from Koyudo no matter how hard I tried. I got a backup of fu-pa01, the Soft Version, a Flat Top Kabuki Brush, and indulged in one Somell Garden Lemon x Walnut Face Brush.

- fu-pa01 Soft Tankoho, 5,520yen: honestly, after having used the brush for a long time now, I've come to dislike the dyed-hair version. There's something about hair dyed black that just repulses me, especially with a face or cheek brush. I want to be able to see all the color stains to determine when the brush is dirty and needs to retire from the rotation tray, and I can't see a thing when all the hair is dyed. Even worse is when I wash that brush, the black dye still bleeds. Do not like. So when I spotted this un-dyed tankoho hair brush, it was a no-brainer. I'll probably pass on the dyed-hair one to my mom.

- Flat Top Kabuki Brush Goat, 4,100yen: this happens to be one of the more affordable kabuki brushes from Koyudo and I'm not sure why. It's un-dyed goat hair that's densely packed and very soft. The CDJapan says it's a limited edition, which usually means it comes with a "special" price, and is not marked "on sale" otherwise. Perhaps it's been discontinued or phased out and they're trying to get rid of remaining stock? Either way, what a steal! A great brush for my sunscreen powder, that is, when I do get to use it...

- Somell Garden Lemon x Walnut Face Brush Hakutotsuho, 3,800yen: I'm not too thrilled about this brush with its dyed bright yellow hakutotsuho hair. Why on earth would they ruin that perfectly good hair and make the brush toy-like?! Urgh. I do like the walnut handle, and the brush is dense enough to blend sunscreen powder and is soft. Definitely skipping the rest of the Somell Garden collection though.

See my previous posts:

2 comments:

Karen said...

All you Koyudo brushes and no Kihitsu? They’re a separate company, but made in the same facilities, and by the same people, as Koyudo. 😀

D. said...

Hi Karen,

Oh I didn't know that Kihitsu is made in the same facilities and same people as Koyudo! I''m pretty happy with my current brush collection but I'll take a look for sure. Thank you for telling me :)

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts