Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Sonia Kashuk Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Colour

In the same swap that Caty sent me Suqqu Creamy Glow Lipstick 10 潤朱 (Urumishu), she generously added this Sonia Kashuk Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Colour in 23 Sheer Juicy Coral also. Thank you again, Caty!

I've read lots of raves for this makeup line available at Target but I haven't tried any. So this is my first SK product and I was totally thrilled to try it.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

My first impression of the tube is that it's rather weighty and huge ^.^" The tube feels like plastic coated metal, and it's almost the same length as my hand! Then again, the size is expected of an American drugstore product. I mean, have you seen those Maybelline mascara tubes? They're almost big enough to be batons and clubs!

Here's the tricky part: you'd think bigger size means more product content, right? Nope. There's only 0.09oz/2.7g of product in this giant tube and it retails for $10.99, or $11.96 with sales tax where I live, which comes out to about $4.43/g. Meanwhile, a Suqqu Extra Glow Lipstick contains 0.12oz/3.7g of product and retails for GBP19.44 (without VAT for overseas orders), about $24.95 at the current rates which comes out to about $6.74/g. So the jump in price from American drugstore to Japanese high-end isn't that far after all! Interesting, hmm?

Then I tried the lippie and what do you know, the jump in quality from American drugstore to Japanese high-end isn't that far either! This is fabulous stuff, folks!

The formula's thick, thicker than Suqqu Creamy Glow Moist even. On my lips, SK feels more like a lip gloss though not at all sticky, not to me at least. The texture is super smooth and it applies evenly, but I wouldn't say buttery because it's just too thick. It's very moisturizing and leaves glossy shine, so a gloss in a stick if you will, very much like Suqqu. The substantial formula means it stays on my lips for a long time, and after several hours of wear it does turn sticky indeed, but that's the only negative I found so far.


- 23 Sheer Juicy Coral: swatches translucent and decidedly peach with coral undertone. Turns even peachier on my lips. I love it so much I promptly went out to my local Target to explore other colors, which means they'll be more to come, folks xD

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts