Sunday, December 18, 2011

Badger Healing Balm

A short (kind of, not really) post for a straightforward product here - the Badger Healing Balm. I like it and have been using it for the past couple of years now, ever since discovering the Sleep Balm back in late 2009.

The cold weather right now means my ragged cuticles have an excuse to frequently going on a rampage. Plus I'm a clean freak and I wash my hands more often than not, if not too often, so that probably doesn't help. But I will have you know that I'm not an antibacterial freak and I do understand that some bacterias are indeed good for the body. So the only place with antibacterial soap in my house is the kitchen (handling raw meat and fish!). The rest are just plain soaps. But I digress.


So I have made a habit of carrying a tin of this Healing Balm in my bag for immediate chapped/cracked skin rescue everywhere I go. This is a wax-based balm that feels oily to the touch but is quite good at calming down my dry cuticles, fingertips, elbows and whatnot. Due to essential oils in it, it does have a herbal-y folk medicine-like scent but that doesn't bother me at all. In fact I find it soothing. I also like it that it doesn't get washed off instantly, because in many cases I often have to wash my hands again within an hour of applying some to my cuticles, and they still feel decently moisturized afterwards. It goes without saying that as long as they still make this stuff, I will continue to use it and gift it to my family and friends. It's good stuff, enough said.

Badger Healing Balm:
*Olea Europaea (Extra Virgin Olive) Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, *Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Extract, and Essential Oils of Betula Lenta (Birch) and *Gaultheria Procumbens (Wintergreen).
* denotes Certified Organic.
***List of ingredients from Badger Balm.

2 comments:

kuri said...

I have the sleep balm and quite like it but I don't think I'll ever use it up, so I haven't been inclined to try the other balms :)

D. said...

Hi kuri!

Me neither, though that never stops me from buying backups LOL! I have terrible self control, I know...

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts